October 26, 2008

Summers gone


This is where I'd like to be , just laying here and reading a good book or perhaps just admiring the flowers and birds that come to visit. It really was a wonderful summer with temperatures that were just right. Well unfortunately even though it's sunny today the wind's just a howling out there. I still have allot of work out there in the gardens but I haven't had the heart to cut it down yet. Perhaps after the first freeze I'll do it. The maple tree in the front yard looks beautiful all golden with contrasting bark, and the burning bush is turning bright red and the fall garden is striking indeed as the colors deepen to russets and purples. As much as I love the summer I really do enjoy the beauty of fall and think that today would be a good drive through the trees. See you later I'm on my way out the door to enjoy some scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment